Active Iron Capsules
Active Iron capsules are the first commercially available denatured whey protein (WP) Iron formulation.
Active Iron capsules target the natural site of iron absorption in the intestine, increasing the amount of iron absorbed and making more iron available to your body. Clinical evaluation of this formulation shows significantly higher absorption of iron than the gold standard, ferrous sulfate.
- Active Iron’s advanced protein formulation is non-irritating to the stomach and does not cause inflammation preventing unwanted side-effects such as stomach pain, cramp, sickness, constipation and flatulence.
- Active Iron is better absorbed and better tolerated than other iron products.
- Active Iron works in tune with your body, targeting the natural site of absorption and delivering just the right amount of iron when you need it, without any of the nasty side effects.
- Kind and strong, Active Iron is gentle enough to take on an empty stomach, and gives you strong absorption when you need it.
The Science of Active Iron
Active Iron targets the body’s “iron absorber” the DMT-1. It is clinically proven to give better iron absorption than the market leading iron sulfate and works in tune with your body’s needs.
Active Iron’s advanced protein formulation is non-irritating to the stomach and does not cause inflammation preventing unwanted side effects associated with other iron products such as stomach pain, cramp, sickness, constipation and flatulence.
Why is iron important?
Iron is essential to life. It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and also plays an important role in normal energy metabolism, oxygen transport, cognitive function, immune function and formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Women with periods - Monthly periods are the commonest cause of iron loss worldwide and research shows that women of childbearing age need 2-3 times more iron than men. Amongst women who experience heavier periods, especially in their 30’s and 40’s, adequate daily iron intake is particularly important and may be difficult to achieve with diet alone.
- Pregnancy - The amount of blood in your body when you are pregnant increases by about 30-50%. Iron needs are increased during pregnancy because the body uses iron to make extra blood to transport oxygen for the mother and her baby during this time.
Dietary iron requirements can increase to as much as 30mg of iron during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters. This may mean supporting a healthy diet with iron supplements when daily iron needs cannot be met through diet alone.
However, food supplements are not a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Also, you should not exceed the recommended daily supplement dose of iron without consulting your doctor.
Active Exercisers - Iron is used by the body’s muscles to help produce energy. Therefore, active exercisers who enjoy endurance exercise (e.g. running, rowing, cycling) need iron to maintain and support energy.
Iron contributes to oxygen transport in the blood. Therefore, maintaining optimal iron levels may result in increased aerobic capacity and all-round performance.
Iron also contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, cognitive function, normal immune function and the formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
One capsule should be taken daily.
1 months supply - 30 capsule.
There are no reviews yet.
Delivery is to mainland UK only.
- Should take upto 3 working days (excluding public holidays) but in most cases quicker. If you order on a Friday and we can arrange delivery on Saturday we will try to do so. You can receive your items quicker.
- Standard cost is £2.95.
- Completed by UK Mail or Royal Mail.
Next Working Day Delivery:
- You can opt for next working day delivery for some items (excluding public holidays). To find out which items please contact us. Orders must be placed by 11am Monday to Friday. If you order on a Friday and we can arrange delivery on Saturday we will try to do so. You can receive your items quicker.
- Cost £4.95
- Completed by UK Mail or Royal Mail.
We offer a free delivery service for your NHS prescriptions items. We may be able to deliver the same day we receive your prescription if you require. This will depend where you need the delivery to arrive (please contact us to find out more). Private prescription items will incur a charge which is calculated from the item(s) and the delivery address.
Deliveries are usually made Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays). It is your responsibility to make sure that someone is available to receive the delivery and sign for items that require a signature on delivery. We are not able to deliver to PO boxes, or to addresses that are outside the UK Mainland.
*Same day delivery – this service is available to some areas (please contact us to find out more). We need to receive your prescription by 12:30pm. If received after this we can fulfill most common prescriptions but may need to order some item(s) for next the day. Some items by their nature require special manufacture or are not readily available and so will not be available same day but we will try for a delivery as soon as possible.